Auto Insurance in Homestead and Windermere, FL
Having the right auto insurance policy can help protect you financially if you are involved in an accident or your vehicle is damaged. An auto insurance policy is designed to provide you with a layer of protection against property, liability and medical costs following an accident. But choosing the right auto insurance can be overwhelming. Reach out to our agency today to learn more about auto insurance and find the policy that’s right for you.
What Do Auto Insurance Policies Cover?
Depending on the policy you choose, your coverages will vary. Here are some of the most popular coverages:
- Collision insurance—This portion of your policy helps cover damage costs if you are involved in a collision.
- Liability insurance—If you are at fault in a wreck, this type of coverage helps insure you against any damage you cause others. Most states, including Florida, require drivers to carry minimum amounts of liability insurance. There are two kinds of coverage included in liability insurance:
- Property damage liability—This coverage helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property (e.g., their car).
- Bodily injury liability—This coverage helps pay for medical bills and sometimes death benefits for the other person involved in the wreck.
- Medical payments (MedPay) insurance—This portion of your policy helps you pay for the medical bills of you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This type of coverage helps you cover the cost of damages caused by someone who doesn’t have adequate auto insurance, specifically liability coverage.
- Comprehensive insurance—This portion of your policy covers damages that are not related to a wreck, such as theft, weather damage or vandalism.
There may be additional coverages that will be necessary based on your unique situation. Be sure to ask our agency how we can tailor your auto coverage to your needs.
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Auto insurance is a contract between an insurer and an individual. You’ll pay premiums for your chosen coverage. Insurers use various data points to calculate auto insurance premiums, including your driving record, claims history, location age and the policies you choose.
The aftermath of an accident may include auto repair bills, medical expenses and potential legal fees. Having a sound auto insurance policy can help reduce the financial impact of an auto accident.
Auto insurance is highly customizable. Working with an experienced agent can help ensure that you have appropriate car insurance.
Is Auto Insurance Required?
Texas drivers must maintain auto liability insurance with limits that meet the state’s mandated minimums. If you lease or finance a vehicle, the lienholder typically requires physical damage insurance, including collision and comprehensive insurance.
Your agent may recommend additional policies and endorsements, depending on your situation.
How to Get Auto Insurance
F & N Insurance Group, Inc. is committed to helping you find a policy to fit your specific needs. Reach out to us today to start the conversation or to get a quote.